Pergolas and arbors are a great way to cozy up your space with beautiful wooden shade covers. These wooden structures can be a beautiful addition to your yard and also serve a practical purpose. The first step in designing an outdoor space is to identify the features that are most important to you.
Arbors– Traditional arbors have tunnel-like designs and a lattice structure. They can also be used to grow ornamental vines and other plants, much like pergolas. Many grape arbors are pictured in areas that look like romantic vineyards and have paths to other parts of the garden.
Pergolas: A garden framework made up of posts and beams. They create a feeling of separation and provide shaded areas that are ideal for sitting. They can be used as support structures for climbing plants, vines and hanging plants.
JBN Construction can create custom cedar covers for any size yard. We can help you design and build your garden structure. This will make your backyard more beautiful and enjoyable.
A patio cover can be used to create an area that meets a specific need, but pergolas don’t have to be necessary. They can also enhance the appearance of your yard. These are just a few of the many benefits that you will enjoy when you add one in your landscaping design.
- A structure can be used to draw the eye to a particular area of your yard. Even if you have a small yard, the focal point can make it more appealing.
- You can create a space to enjoy outdoor dining in good weather. Take your outdoor meal outside when it’s warm and sunny.
- Cover a path in your yard. Cover a pathway leading to a garage or your garden with a pergola.
Which to Choose
When it comes to enhancing your home or yard, there isn’t always one right or wrong choice. The decision is usually made based on personal preference. These factors will help you make a decision if you are still undecided between a patio cover or a pergola.
- Are you looking to cover an area next to your home or in another part of the yard? While patio covers are usually attached to another structure or building, pergolas can be used anywhere on the property.
- What amount of space is required to build a structure? An arbor or pergola is a better choice for smaller spaces. An arbor or pergola can be used to shade your outdoor space from the sun.
- Pergolas offer sun protection for those who desire a structure that can be used to relax on sunny days. Patio covers are best for people who enjoy entertaining in all kinds of weather.
- Do you want a simple structure such as a pergola to add a focal point in your landscaping? Or a more substantial cover like a patio covering that can be used for multiple purposes, including entertaining and living?
What is a Pergola?
A pergola is a term most people have heard of when talking about outdoor spaces. But do you really know what it is? A pergola can act as an independent structure that acts as a garden feature. You can have them larger to provide space for entertaining or dining.
Pergolas allow you and your guests to take in the fresh air outside while still having some shade. To provide sun protection, pergolas or arbors are made with slatted beams. To enhance the design, vines and hanging lights can be added to the structure.
Pergolas vs. Patio Covers
Patio covers and pergolas are often confused and compared. These are the differences between the outdoor structures.
- Patio covers offer protection from the elements. Pergolas, on the other hand, have an open roof and at least partially exposed top. This allows sunlight to enter and allows for air circulation.
- Patio covers can be used as extensions to other structures such as houses or garages. Pergolas can be used to define or accent an area of your yard.
- While pergolas can be used as decorative elements in a landscape’s design and patio covers are more functional, they are often used to cover the patio.
- A patio cover is a great option for those who have lots of space and enjoy entertaining. A pergola is a great choice for those who have less space or a smaller area where they can relax and enjoy the outdoors.
Designing a Pergola
There are many options available for decorating and designing a pergola in your yard. These tips will help you make your structure work for your needs.
- Be careful when choosing your materials. While wood is the most popular material for pergolas and arbors, you can also use other materials like stone to make the structure blend in with your landscaping.
- Your landscaping can be incorporated with your pergola or arbor. To add plant life to your structure, use climbing vines.
- You can make the design as simple or complex as you like. To make your structure more usable at night, hang lights. To create a private space in your yard, add light curtains to the sides.
Contact JBN Construction of Texas to discuss incorporating pergolas into your landscaping design 469-340-0838.
What We Offer
Arbors and Pergolas
Pergolas and arbors are a great way to cozy up your space with beautiful wooden shade covers. These wooden structures can be a beautiful addition to your yard and also serve a practical purpose.
Patio Covers in Texas
Patio covers can be used for many reasons in your outdoor space. You can attach them to your home to protect landings and patios. You can use them as a focal point for outdoor entertainment.
What is Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is also known as imprinted concrete or patterned concrete. It uses rubber stamps made from “real stone molds” to imprint concrete to look like natural brick, slate and cobblestone.
We Provide the Best Service in Industry
Get a quote on a pergola or arbor for your yard today by calling us (469) 340-0838 or click the button and fill out the form.